View post (filling my time off due to pain)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
12/29/2020 11:33 pm

I must take some time off from playing due to my severe wrist pain that has been developing over the last couple weeks. I have an appt with my primary care dr on Monday who used to be a physical therapist also. I know he will know what to do. Whatever it involves, I know the first step is some extended time away from playing both the guitar and ukulele. I have chronic pain issues to begin with, so I'm wondering if that has also played into this problem.

So, can anyone recommend how to still make the most of this time off physical playing? I can still go through some music theory lessons on here but was thinking I'll still go through the rest of the Fundamentals 2 courses and just watch for now. I will have to go through them again once I can play again, assuming I will be able to play again. (let's hope!) I have also joined 30 Day Singer, the sister site of Guitar Tricks, and am loving the sequential, structured program on there as well. I plan to do some good, old fashioned 'listening' to music as well and do some exploring of genre's.

Am I forgetting anything? Is there anything else I can add to my list of to-do's? I have a new music theory book for guitarists arriving on Thursday so I plan to dive into that, too. (I'm a lover of pages....so I have many songbooks and theory books now!)

Thanks for any tips. It is very much appreciated

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor