My first "performance" !.

intellectualdragon
intellectualdragon
12/27/2020 9:17 pm

I am truly envious I have been at it for eleven years now cant play a single song this is truly inspirational.

# 1
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
12/28/2020 2:39 am
Originally Posted by: intellectualdragon

I am truly envious I have been at it for eleven years now cant play a single song this is truly inspirational.

Good evening !

Just curious; did you just get started here at GT ? Just asking since this was your first post. If so, have you gotten started in GF 1 yet ? Even if you`ve been playing for awhile it`s always good to review the basics just to make sure you don`t miss anything. If you follow the lesson plans in GF1 and GF2 you`ll definitely obtain the skills needed to play some easier songs. In fact, there are a number of "made easy" versions of songs available here in GT. Pick a few of these made easy songs and work on them while you`re working on the lesson plans. You`ll get there. We`re here to help. Good luck !

# 2
anthm
anthm
12/31/2020 12:02 am

Hi MooseHockey, Firstly thanks for the pointers on my previous reply,

I was wondering did you sing these songs as well as play them?

The problem I have is this,

I have a repertoire of 38 songs all of which I play and embellish as play along to the actual recordings, It's not boring for me or the wife but the odd time I have done to for friends I feel they get bored. If I was to sing I guess that would make it more interesting but I am not there yet.

I guess some more experienced guys need to weigh in on this also. What's the best way for beginner to intermediates to entertain friends with their repertoires??

Cheers

Anthony

# 3
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/31/2020 12:30 am

I think I'd be a little bored if someone was playing an instrumental and not singing, too, unless they were really really amazing (which presumably is not (YET) the case here).

So what about a singalong? If you don't feel comfortable singing yet, presumably somne of those 38 songs are songs that people would know, yes? Most people love guitar singalongs.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 4
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
12/31/2020 1:05 am
Originally Posted by: anthm

Hi MooseHockey, Firstly thanks for the pointers on my previous reply,

I was wondering did you sing these songs as well as play them?

The problem I have is this,

I have a repertoire of 38 songs all of which I play and embellish as play along to the actual recordings, It's not boring for me or the wife but the odd time I have done to for friends I feel they get bored. If I was to sing I guess that would make it more interesting but I am not there yet.

I guess some more experienced guys need to weigh in on this also. What's the best way for beginner to intermediates to entertain friends with their repertoires??

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Yes I did sing though I have absolutely no vocal training whatsoever so I make no claims on being an accomplished singer. I choose songs that match my vocal range ( bass to baritone). A good example is "Rainy Day People" by Gordon Lightfoot. His vocal range is similar to mine so many of his songs work well for me. In my repetroire of songs probably roughly half I`ll sing to while I just play the others. Try to find a few songs that fit your vocal range and are not too challenging . Get comfortable playing and singing those and you`ll start to gain more confidence.

Hope this helps !

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.