View post (Strumming pattern and the staff)

View thread

KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
11/26/2020 11:36 am
Originally Posted by: hsnoeckx

You tell you know it but obviously you don't, the eight notes on the staff are the melody line, not the strumming notes for the chords, they are not related to the strumming pattern in such a way as you think with other words, if you can sing then the notes on the staff is what you would sing and the chords that are above the staff is what you would play on the guitar with the proposed strumming pattern to accompany yourself while singing.

No they are not, but you are not wrong... I mean you will not be wrong if the sheet I was looking at was a professional music sheet...

But I was talking about a simple guitar tab with a staff on top, so every note on the tab have corresponding note (o series of notes) on the staff, kinda the notations you see on this site sometimes

The notes were supposed to indicate the timming but they don't, so it comes with the pattern

Anyway, I found another one of the same tune that have a notations

It states that the playing is still DDU UDU but in the notes included a simplified notations that makes more sense for what I would expect

Somehow I can't post images from the phone so I'll try to explain it.[br] Instead of the row of eights it was something like this

Quarter Eight Eight*Eight Eight Eight Eight[br] *Tied notes

So I guess that would be it