View post (Telecaster)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
11/22/2020 8:19 pm

That's the best idea if you can, although it might be challenging to do so.

As is, that website image (Andertons?) iillustrates the Fender out of stock and the G&L available on pre-order only -no in-store stock held or possibly even extant with the UK distro which is pretty much the COVID 'ops normal' status worldwide. Same here BTW.

Potential brand orientated resale wouldn't deter me either if I wanted a particular guitar as is apparent with my Cort Manson Classic TC, although it'd still enter into any buying decision I'd make as a consideration regardless. Not generally an impulse driven or sale floor excitement suggest sell buyer, I buy to play and haven't resold anything yet, nor am I likely to within the next few blue moons, and then possibly only to upgrade/change with a maintenance and use driven 'one in one out' guitar GAS policy I decided upon some time ago.

On the Fender Player.

If you've watched Landon Bailey's comparison review of the Fender Player, Squier Classic Vibe and Squier Affinity Tele side by side right through its entirety, you'll be aware they have very different neck profiles with the Player's being the fattest. That'd be a total turnoff [u]for me[/u]. So wise to try it first unless you already know you prefer that kind of neck. For me the neck generally, i.e. profile, fingerboard radius & nut width are the most important aspects of any guitar before consideration of others. I don't mind the Affinity's neck profile but even the Classic Vibe is too traditionally fat for me.

G&L Tribute

Just in case, you're aware the advertising on that website image G&L Tribute listing [u]borders on[/u] deceptive practice aren't you. No doubt in my mind intentionally, it's cleverly worded but misleading in its sub heading. The G&L Tributes are of Indonesian manufactured origin. The [u]MFD pickups[/u] its fitted with however are all still [u]made in Fullerton USA[/u].

Did you like the tone of that Fullerton G&L Deluxe played by Jonathan in that link? When I listened to it even with the encumbrance of YT's audio all the word which immediately came to mind was "tone!".

Cheers.