View post (Telecaster)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
11/22/2020 12:02 am

I suspect you'll find those hotlinks I provided interesting & informative.

The Classic TC is a Hugh Manson custom collaboration, made to his spec & design and marketed by Cort under their brand name. The design, build quality and finish is second to none. Value, unsurpassable.

Cort are the OEM manufactuturer for many models from both prestige and emerging brand names. i.e. PRS, Harley Benton. The PRS SE is made by Cort for PRS in Cort's Surabaya factory in Indonesia as evident on the reverse of the headstock. e.g. Cor-Tek. The spin from Cort's website. "Cor-Tek (Cort) is a global instrument manufacturer that produces and exports more than one million guitars and 300,000 amplifiers per year worldwide".

Cort make truly awesome playing and sounding world class instruments. I wanted one of these in that colour, but NLA new. I currently own 2 Cort acoustics and the 1 electric. They won't be my last guitars from Cort. There are a couple of current model Corts I currently lust after, which should I live so so long will see them in my GAS inventory, but in a couple of years when my acoustic and electric playing is at a point I can do them the justice they deserve. What I already have in acoustics is adequate, and in electric, anything new is sheer indulgance really. For now and the next couple of years, my focus is completely orientated to developing my playing and performance skills. I already have sufficient tools.

Cort and Yamaha are a good ergonomic fit with me, and I admire their ethos. Here's my personal guitar hero/role model playing a Yamaha Revstar.

All the best with your own journey. I hope for you that you find that guitar you fall in love with.