View post (G to D and other successes, a short novel)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
12/05/2020 12:45 pm

Thank you so much....I feel like I hit a milestone this week. I practiced and was able to play (and record for my YouTube where I post my practice videos) Sound of Silence (not a GT song though) allllll the way through, strumming...with making just a couple minor mistakes that I was able to keep playing through. It is a challenging song with a split strum pattern scattered throughout, somewhat unevenly. I was so proud of myself. I really did not think I would be playing this much just five months into playing without any in-person instruction. Now, if I can just stop looking "mad" when I play, I'll be all set, ha!

(I would link to my Sound of Silence song but wasn't sure if that is allowed, so I will hold off until I know if I can...)

It has been really hard to do anything else but play my guitar and now uke. I am still in fundamentals 2 but I have already dabbled in the Acoustics course. My electric guitar has been getting no love lately though..... :)

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor