View post (Can i skip the rythme courses ?)

View thread

Aladine
Aladine
11/18/2020 10:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I am not a total beginner to the guitar, but I'm not even sure if i can call myself intermediate either, i had guitars lying around in my house for over 10 years and i occasionally play with some periods where i play almost daily for weeks, but then stop using it for months.

I joined GuitarTricks with one particular goal in mind:

being able to play "sultans of swing" one day, the lead-guitar part of course.

So today i started going through the beginners courses and I found myself knowing all of that stuff, my left fingers are lacking some strength and muscle memories but i went through the beginner courses pretty easily. now am in the Beginner Blues part, I kinda enjoy the introduction courses which focus on the rythme but i really can't wait to get into the lead (soloing) sections, cause i really enjoy Blues and would love to be able to improvise asap.

So the question is:

Can i start with that ? i don't mean that i am going to ignore rythme guitar all together, but, learning lead-guitar feels really fun while the rythme feels like a must-do assignment, and i wonder if i can just start with the lead part and then go back to the rythme courses whenever i feel like it.

Oh and btw, I really love how this website is structured! and the courses so far are one of the best i've seen online!

Cheers!