View post (Pedals)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
10/30/2020 3:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

Maybe a flannel shirt, some really meaty sideburns, a great sneer and just go for it until ya bleed. Love Neil.

Great point! I think the flannel shirts have as much to do with his tone as anything else!

Marty, a lot of his tone has to be credited to the '68 Black Les Paul and his Fender Deluxe. Here he talks about that, the "wang" bar and he touches on the echoplex, but not much more about pedals. He does talk about getting influences for his playing from Hank Marvin and Lonnie Mack. He also talks about combining reverb and echoplex to get try and get a guitar version of Floyd Cramer, the piano player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJNpZZBjxNk

I was hoping I could find a Premier Guitar "Rig Run Down" episode of Neil Young but couldn't. But a little "Google'ing" (Googling?) has to turn up some interviews somewhere with Mr. Young discussing his pedals.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45