View post (Modding My Guitar)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/25/2020 8:33 pm

Hi Dave,

an ambitious project. I have a 112 V. I enjoy the guitar at times, but it had 1 issue that you may or not have: frets.

The frets have a very square shape. This was not important to me at the time of purchase, but as I have advanced, it has stood out as a major issue. I took profile pics below of the Yammie and my Godin Progression Plus - which is a gem to play. Especially when sliding between double stops.

My Pacifica has a very square profile on the frets, while the Godin has a much rounder profile.

The Godin is my "go to' guitar to play as it is simply the easiest to play.[br][br]

I took a look at my other guitars - Squires and Epiphones - and all have a rounder fret profile, and to be honest, they all see more playing than the Yammie.

Frets can be rounded if you have the tools/skill.

Anyway, just some input from a fellow Pacifica owner. ManXCat has a good point: will the mods be used? As the owner of the guitar this is something to consider, however, perhaps at your age you just want to experiment. All very cool no matter what you decide.

As manonanjon2 says, keep us posted and have fun!!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!