View post (Modding My Guitar)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
10/25/2020 7:33 pm

Thanks telling us about your modding project of your Pacifica. I hope that you are going to keep us up to date on your progress and I am going to follow it with interest.

I'll try not to make this too long (and boring). My learning journey started with a Yamaha Pacifica Santa brought me after I retired. After several months of practice I reasoned that I wasn't yet playing like Carlos Santana was because I had a cheap guitar. So I bought a Gibson Les Paul and Fender Blues Junior amp. After a few more months (and still not playing like Carlos) I picked up the little Pacifica and it played great!

I decided that I would mod the Pacifica and bought a set of Texas Loco Iron Gear Pickups, . I reasoned it plays nice but it could use some help with tone. The problem is that I have had them now for months and have procrastinated installing them.

Maybe your progress will motivate me to get them installed! I hope so. My Pacifica is also the HSS model.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45