View post (Modding My Guitar)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/25/2020 3:32 am

Black Pearl pickguard will dress up an opaque Black Metal Flake body nicely if the latter is subtle.

Which Pacifica model is it? 012, 112J or V? The PAC112V's bridge itself is fine [u]unless[/u] incessant vibrato use or divebombs are your thing. If not, an alternative would be to replace only the saddles with GraphTech TUSQ saddles and put the savings towards a pair of GraphTech string trees and a GraphTech TUSQ nut. I think you'd enjoy a tangible performance upgrade and superior value out of that. GraphTech kit should be very affordable in your neck of the woods.

[u]Korean[/u] manufactured Wilkinson kit is very good IME&O. I'd buy them anytime with confidence. Think Gotoh performance on a budget. It's my go to for replacement hardware and quality PUPs without spending silly money. I've fitted their tuner mechs, saddles, & several sets of PUPs as replacement upgrade parts.

Is it just looks looks you're wanting to replace the OEM saddles for?

I couldn't comment on the fitment on a PAC012, but the PAC112V's saddles aren't bad performance wise in case you've experienced some problems. I don't think they are the cast [u]junk pot metal[/u] as you'll occasionally see on [u]really cheap[/u] PRC made bridges and parts. I literally use my original PAC112V every day. I have four Pacificas including a PAC612VIIFM with Wilkinson bridge and GraphTech saddles for basis of comparison. [br][br]I haven't suffered any intonation issues with that PAC112V's saddles subjected over the past three years to constant quasi daily use. Other than intonation and adjusting saddle heights and radii, the only maintence I perform on them is to lube the saddle grooves with a smear of Inox every few months. JFI. I run .9s on all my Pacifcas. Tried .10s. Prefer and went back to .9s.

All the best with the project. Great guitar made even better.