View post (A chord death grip)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
10/10/2020 3:31 pm

I would highly encourage you to follow Faith's tip about practicing placing your fingers on an silent guitar. Learning the required muscle memory to make fast chord changes is imperitive. Learning how to land on the fretboard with the chord fully formed (all the fingers in the right place, at once) is how you do that. When I learned chords, I used to practice that by grabbing chord forms without the guitar. This allowed me to practice anywhere. Using a guitar, as Hope suggests is even better. Eventually, you will be grabbing all your chords, fully formed, in the air and ready to land on the fretboard, in one smooth maneuver. That is the goal.

You are on the right track, hang in there, you will be soaring soon enough.

*********************************************************************************************

LATE ENTRY....

I just posted the above message and then saw your lattest entry about your practice neck. As to your question about having a fretboard in your purse.... They make something like that, no electronics, but you can take it anywhere. It is called a Fretty. They are not very long, so they are mostly suited for cowboy chords. But as i understand it, those are the chords you are now learning. Although I just looked at the trainer you listed and it seems very cool also.

I repeat you are on the right track!!

Captcha is a total pain in the........