View post (Adjusting Tempo)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/06/2020 11:30 am
Originally Posted by: hsnoeckxWell Chris, what baffles me is that for the song Lucky man made easy the only reference to the song is the title and as you know, you can't get copyright on the title, the rest is just a strumming pattern aranged by Caren and not EL&P.[/quote]

The lesson content is clearly & intentionally based on copyright protected intellectual material. And the backing track, lyrical melody is all there on the page. So, I get that you are saying the specific part Caren is playing is not part of the original song. But GT is using the song in that context.

And yes, you could write a different song & title it "Lucky Man". But clearly the guitar part she's teaching & playing is meant to be a companion to that specific song.

[quote=hsnoeckx] But here is the big question mark; the song lyrics, which are protected by copyright 100%, don't have a copyright stamp and are printable??

How about that?

[p]I don't have an answer for that. I'm assuming GT has gotten permission to use the lyrics text? I'm not part of that process so I can't say why.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory