View post (Barre chord question)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
10/02/2020 11:46 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

That must have been an amazing experience! I clearly remember watching news clips of that show (billed at the first rock band in the USSR) For a brief while, I actually had hope for the world as a result of that show. How long were you there? Did you go on your own or were you part of the band's entourage? (hope I got that spelling?!) What was the crowd like.

Oh, I wasn't there -- I wish!!! I was a BJ groupie for a summer during his 91 Storm Front tour and have some really fun stories from that time (incliuding the one about getting to be Mrs. Billy Joel for about 30 seconds, LOL), but no, I was not there.

But there is a really really good documentary about Billy's USSR tour that shows a lot of what you're asking about in terms of the crowd. It's called A Matter of Trust: Billy Joel in the USSR and is available on Amazon. It was recently re-edited and expanded. (It also includes the piano throwing incident...)

JD's USSR concert is also available on Amazon and on the JD website. It's one of his best concerts, IMO, though not as magical as Harbor Lights in 95.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."