View post (Where to start?)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
12/26/2002 8:30 pm
Since Christmas was just yesterday, of course you may find playing alittle hard. Guitar is not an easy instrument to pick up, it's gonna take you a while. As long as you enjoy learning, it will be exciting rather than a drag. You got a good thing going for if your enjoying it, even though your not all that good at it yet. So I would just stick with the video right now, you will get better at the exercises. Learning first from a video is good cause you are seeing how to play correctly, opposed to just reading about it. Pay attention to as much as you can in the video, how he/she positions fingers on the strings, the way he/she strums the guitar, try to imitate him/her as much as possible without being too fanatic. :) Once you got the video down, start working with chords and learn how to read tablature like linus said. Next try learning the songs that you like, there are countless sites on the net that have the tablature for pretty much every song out there. You can also search this site to find what songs are good for beginners to learn. That's pretty much all there is, or for you to think about at this point. ;) Good luck and remember have fun with it. latr
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.