View post (Fender Player Telecaster review)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/15/2020 11:52 am
Originally Posted by: hunter.kaneit has many major intonation issues ... it can't intonate properly[/quote]

I always wanted to have a Tele, but never could commit due to that weird old bridge design. Then last year I finally found a cheap used Squier Affinity Series Telecaster with 6 individual string saddles! Yeah! And it has decent enclosed tuners. So I haven't had any tuning or intonations with it. I put some new strings on it, stretched them & slightly adjusted the intonation & it's rock solid. It's still a little uncomfortable compared to a Strat. But that's just lack a familarity. And lack of body contours. :)

I thought those Player model Teles also have 6 individual string saddles to make it possible to intonate. Maybe it just needs new strings & to be set up properly?

[quote=hunter.kane].. the bridge pickup is poor in sound ... The one good thing about the guitar is the neck pickup

I have considered changing the pickups but I don't plan on using the guitar much other than practicing. I did wind up using it as a second guitar on one studio project. The pickups aren't great, but they are decent.

Sorry you had a bad experience with yours!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory