View post (Acoustic vs Electric)

View thread

Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
09/10/2020 1:48 pm

Hi and welcome! valid questions and statements! I own both and started out on acoustic. as you have found, there are advantages to both types of guitar. As far as acoustic-it requires more pressure on the strings to hit the note. I found this to be positive when I started playing electric. Obviously, the acoustic can be taken anywhere and doesn't require amplification, which is why I initially went this route.

And you are correct! Some songs sound better on acoustic and vice versa. At this point, I am glad I own both since my taste in music is eclectic, and practicing on both is fun.

If you do opt to buy an acoustic, I suggest Yamaha-they make a great guitar for their price range and are respected for their quality. If possible, still get to a guitar store to try out the different body styles. Some have larger bodies (dreadnaught, for example) than others (parlor as the smallest body style) and there are other body sizes in between those two examples. If you go this route, make sure it's an acoustic you want to play.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute