View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
09/05/2020 1:38 pm
Originally Posted by: aorezechowski
Originally Posted by: hsnoeckx

You only joined a couple of days ago and expect to be able to play what others need 3 weeks for? you only give yourself one month? most people can bearly switch a few chords after one month, learning to play guitar is a thing of long breath and you should at least give it one year to find out wether you can learn it or not.

I never said I wanted to play with people. I'm learning it to help with depression and anxiety.

From the perspective of an uneducated man...

It appears you have health issues that may be compunded by learning guitar. It is reasonable that we hear something played and think of how beautiful and relaxing it sounds and think maybe if we can learn to play, we can be closer to those feelings.

But what is impossible for anyone to perceive is just how difficult this instrument is to play, until they pick up a guitar.

It could be your expectations are too high and backing them way down may be better for you. For example what if you focused on just making clear open chords? Just play them, listen to them ring out and enjoy what you hear. Listen for every nuance. You can find beauty in that. When ready try something more complicated, but realizing you need to stay within your own tolerance for stress.

Anyway, good luck to you.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!