View post (Hello, new guy here!)

View thread

Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
08/24/2020 5:29 pm
Originally Posted by: dwills468

Of all the videos I watched, nobody ever told me how to stop dropping my pic down the sound hole. I feel like I'm playing the game Operation getting it out of there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy. Lol.

thank you

Hey Dave -- this is exactly the kind of beginner problem that experienced players and teachers will overlook. That's awesome that you have drawn attention to it! My only answer is that eventually it will stop happening. I TOTALLY remember how often this happened to me when I first started. BUT I can't think of a single time it has happened to me in like 20 years. So just know you'll eventually stop doing it when you get much better with your picking hand. :)

I'm trying to think of a parallel example in daily life -- something we all do at first and then feel like we magically stop doing. I suppose it's like all other guitar skills...

Love this. Thanks for bringing it up! Also, glad you are enjoying the Lisa videos. She's great! And please post ANY other questions you have, any time and we'll help.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer