View post (Next level)

View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
08/22/2020 2:37 am

Thanks so much everyone for the help. I had no idea there is a GF2. i'm still on GF1. So long way to go yet. Yes i am already doing Lisa's fingerpicking and looking up all kinds of things to keep it interesting. Learning songs outside of my comfort level as well. I just thought it seemed like such a jump (from 2 guitar difficulty to 4 and up) from fundamentals to moving to a genre of choice. Question, if i choose let's say to begin with rock, although i don't intend to stick to just one genre, there are many things i see myself doing from country to blues to spanish guitar and fingerpicking style songs, i peeked into the rock section and the teacher is using an electric, would i be able to do this 'rock' genre with my acoustic? I do want to buy an electric down the road that really interests me as well. And since i brought that subject up as well, how proficient should i be with acoustic to introduce myself to an electric guitar? Thanks everyone thus far for all the help. And Chris, i found a thread you spoke to someone else about question similar to mine and you gave so much helpful information, i've saved the thread.