View post (Problems with our bassist)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
08/18/2020 6:40 pm

Move on to someone you can work with. All the talent in the world does you no good if he's not collaborative and not a good fit for the band.

I spent many years in Holllywood as a working screenwriter and editor, and also several years in Nashville and NY in the music industry. It doesn't take much to see that the people with the best and longest lasting careers aren't necessarily the ones with the most talent, but the ones that people like to work with.

Worst comes to worse, do without a bass player for awhile. You might find you've created a more distinctive sound, you might just have to be creative with keyboards and electric guitar till you find the right fit. Either way, you're better off.

You're also not doing him any favors to enable his bad behavior. He gets fired from a couple of bands, maybe he'll wise up and figure out that he needs to develop some collaborative chops in addition to his bass playing. Otherwise, he's going to have a miserable career, or probably no career at all.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."