View post (Fingerpick recommendations besides Fred Kelly)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
08/18/2020 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: driscolldavid4

I'm glad this came up again. I think I've tried every finger pick out there and I have settled the Kelly Delrin picks as the best, but I wish there was something better. Probably the Pro Pick Finger Tone was a close second and the Pro Pic brass angled finger picks are the next best for me, but I'm still trying to get them to stay on my fingers better. They are also expensive but so are the Delrin finger picks. Also, the Finger Tones are metal and will give you an entirely different sound than the Delrin picks. The Alaska Picks were the worst for me. I tried different Dunlops and they were no good for me either. I would guess strong finger nails are the best for playing however mine just flake away and so it's picks for me. I hope that helps. I suppose there's a pick that will for for you but you have to have to just buy a bunch of them and give them a try. Faith, if you haven't looked at The Acoustic Guitar Forum, check it out. There is some good info on this topic from much more experienced players than me. Good luck.

Thanks! I'd be fine with just my fingers, but my nails aren't cooperating and I don't think I have the patience for the whole manicure thing... I'm hoping one of the ones I ordered will work. I just can't with flat picks. Every time I try, I throw it across the room in disgust after a few measures. It's so not me. So fingers crossed that I can find something that works and doesn't feel like it gets between me and the music.

PS -- Love Acoustic Guitar Forum (I mostly haunt it just for the JD threads, but it's useful for other things too ;-) )

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."