View post (Teenage band trying to find our sound.)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/15/2020 8:36 pm

Hi Hunter

a topic very near and dear to me. My perspective comes from raising a drummer from the age of 6 and encouraging and enjoying his journey through music. [br][br]

I always encouraged my son to mix it up. Jam and play with as many people as possible looking for a fit. And he did. He played with all kinds of people, made up different bands with different sounds and through this process ended up meeting 3 other guys who had similar taste in music and knew what they wanted to play and most importantly, worked very well together. Coming up with ideas, bouncing them around, modifying them and finally coming up with material they wanted to play. Together they found a sound. No parent was involved. [br][br]

I think if you have the right people with you, things will begin to gel and ideas come together. I've seen my son in different bands and always knew he would sort out who was good to be with and who wasn't. I mean from a contributor / collaborative perspective. He figured it out and I am sure you will as well. When you get the right people the sound will work itself out. [br][br]

I wish you the absolute best in finding your sound.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!