View post (1) Yamaha APX600, 2) FS800 or 3) Fender CD-60SCE?)

View thread

Ossewa
Full Access
Ossewa
Full Access
08/13/2020 1:51 pm

I am 50 years old, and have small hands. I am a beginner.[br]I have a Yamaha F310. But I want to buy a acoustic that will be easier to play with my small hands, e.g. smaller body, low action, slimmer neck, shorter scale length, and good neck angle, etc.[br]I don’t think I want to buy a ¾ guitar, but I am not sure. But for now I want to see if I can get a smaller full-size acoustic guitar. [br]I have an amp so if I can plug it in that would be nice, but this is not essential; playability is far more important. I can’t spend more than £350 at this stage.[br]I am mainly interested in playing cords and finger picking. [br]Only a hobby, will only play at home on the couch or outside in the garden.[br] [br]I live far away from any big guitar shop to test them out, I will have to buy online.[br] [br]I have done some research and it seems that one of the following will fit my needs: [br]1) Yamaha APX600, 2) FS800 / 820 / 830 or 3) Fender CD-60SCE.[br] [br]Which one of these will you advise? Or do you recommend a different guitar?[br] [br]Many thanks.