Full Access
faith83
Full Access
08/08/2020 8:41 pm
Originally Posted by: mjgodin

We learn something every day on this site don't we? Ć°ÅøĖœÅ 

I'm glad you remembered.

I could reference 80s songs all day.

I certainly did remember! And so sorry again. I think it would dang near kill me if someone didn't know who Billy Joel or John Denver is/was. So you are very gracious.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 1
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/08/2020 8:54 pm

It's ok, Faith, I was just teasing about not recognizing Bryan Adams. I like his music well enough but I don't think I have ever had any of his songs on a playlist.

If I was to quote a song about finger pain and guitars it might be Lucinda Williams' song Real Live Bleeding Fingers and Broken Guitar Strings, but aside from that particular lyric and song title, the song isn't really about playing guitars, or at most only in a very oblique sense, so it isn't very quotable in context. I would also be surprised if many people would get that reference anyway - not quite as iconic as the Bryan Adams song.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 2
Herman10
Herman10
08/09/2020 10:56 am

Well that summer of 69 is when I picked up my first guitar and began my musical journey all against the will of my parents and boy am I happy I disobeyed my parents back then cause it has been a hell of a wonderful journey ever since so I reflect to this song enormously and still enjoy crancin open the volume on my amp and play a long with it.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.