View post (Newbies - How long does it take to learn....)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
08/01/2020 1:25 pm

Hey Bill,

I must have caught your other reply with your finished song before you put this one in cause it seems to be gone now.

Thanks for your advice. Don't read too much into what I was trying to say. I get a little long winded sometimes. I was just trying to enforce the notion you had of the inconsistency of our learning development. Some days it sounds great and other days we can't put our fingers where we want them too even though we've done it previously a hundred times.

I understand at our age I'll probably never play as smoothly as a professional. I can accept that cause I'm still having a lot of fun just doing the stuff I do. I just want to make sure I'm not cutting corners thats all. My understanding of theory and layout of the fretboard is coming slowly, but that's because I don't have much interest in those areas. When things don't interest me I don't learn them well. I have come a long way in my playing and I have Guitar Tricks to thank for that.

Anyway hope that makes a little more sense. I listened to the finished product of your song and it sounds great. I think you really got something there.

Good Luck with it,

Moe