View post (Busy watching the GT Musical Knights)

View thread

Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
07/09/2020 2:50 am

Hey MusicalPage, welcome back to GT.

Sounds familiar! I have a ton of other interests / passions. Guitar has been a life-long mountain to climb, and I take long breaks away from it (but it's always there in my mind). I spend intense, focused periods on learning and developing new skills, then move on to another subject for a while before coming back. Luckily a lot of it gets integrated (guitar, composition, orchestration, scoring, screenwriting, cinematography, video editing, animation, graphic design, marketing). That's just to say, yeah, changing subject happens, and I can sometimes feel like I'm all over the place. I often worry I am not truly mastering any one topic. But it also works out so far in the long-term.

Your experience with piano can actually be really useful to your guitar playing and vice versa. Piano is sort of the "master key" of all the instruments. So you probably didn't waste any time there.

ANYWAY, feel free to post your personal guitar goals / deadlines here because it could be inspiring to others. Having clear goals is super important! I'd be interested to see.

But also never forget to simply enjoy each moment / day of playing guitar. :)

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer