View post (Frustration after 8 weeks practicing Em, C, D, G)

View thread

kochj79
kochj79
06/16/2020 7:17 pm

Hello,

does anyone feel the same as I do? Ive been practicing the major chords C,D and G EVERY single day for at least half an hour since 8 weeks and I feel like im getting stuck. Im so frustrated because of this. I started this course 3 march 2020, playing every day 30-60 min. Played the "ode to joy" 100ths of times and still not perfect.

I just dont see any improvement anymore which stopped me from going further on the guitartricks lessons. I feel like ive wasted some money here. The songs where the Em, C, D and G are practiced are still going to fast for me. All this effort and such small result makes me think "IS THIS MENT FOR ME?" It makes me think about my typing skills. For decades ive been typing (no diploma, never did a course) and i still make a lot of typing mistakes and corrections. So does this maybe have a correllation to guitar skills?

Does anyone please have motivating advice for me. Im eager to learn and Ive been so patient (I guess). Feel like the last few weeks im getting 1/2 nanometer progress in a week. Virtually NOTHING. I just cant make the transition as fast as needed in the songs in chapter 5 - 6. Predominantly when needed this speed and going to D, my left ringfinger goes too often (4 out of 10 times) to the 3rd string (fret is good) instead of second and middle finger also misplaced by a few mm. When going to C at needed speed, my left middle finger too often (5 out of 10) goes to the 4th string and other finger also misplaced, index often goes to 3rd string. G goes very wel. From D to G and G to D goes well. Probably cause I have reference / edge of the neck.

Regards,

Jeroen