View post (This time around)

View thread

Gilbyesk
Full Access
Gilbyesk
Full Access
06/13/2020 6:06 pm

Hello all, so happy to be here. I am making my 4th attempt and feel very strongly that this round is different and here is why and what i have learned

History

1st attempt 7th grade elective course. Barely remember and not sure why it did not stick. Probably bad equipment and no good support.

2nd attempt; took lessons for a very short time in my early 20's. Expensive and again probably equipment.

3rd attempt; purchased "Learn and Master Guitar" books and discs about 10 years ago. Focus was on theory including reading music and mastering the guitar. I stuck with this for one full year and made a decision to walk away since I still could not play a song. I must say I did have some great take aways since GT pushes a bit more toward learning chords and songs out of the gate I do enjoy that I can also read music. Maybe will help me in the long run. Oh and I bought a nice Martin guitar. That most certainly helped.

Now at 57; Love this course. Just over a month in and I am sort of playing songs already:) Seems everyone here has the same general message "HAVE FUN" Super important and so far I am haveing a great time. Another thing I did for myself is bought a nice electric (PRS SE Custom 24) I had a cheap Fender knock off that frankly I did not even realize just how bad it was until I got my PRS. Sparked a whole new interest.

Well off to go play. Looking forward to this journey with everyone here!