View post (New Users - Favorite Guitarist?)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
06/11/2020 1:26 am

Hey, cool shout out there for Warren Haynes. Got to include Derek Trucks right alongside Warren. Then when I think of Derek it makes me think of Bonnie Raitt.

I don't even mention BB or EC or SRV because they are kind of assumed to be in there. But, EC makes me think of JJ Cale. He doesn't get too many mentions but I love that smooth laid back style.

I have to include Mr. Buddy Guy, too.

How about Steve Cropper? [br][br]

So many greats it is impossible to pick one or two favorites when you start going through players. That's why I like this type of thread - I always end up seeing someone mention someone that I really don't know much about which is cool.

Good shout out for Chet Atkins, TwoHoot. True story, when I was about 12 years old I got my first portable 8track player (cool red plastic thing, it was) and my grandad gave me a Chet Atkins tape and a Flatt & Scruggs tape (Nashville Cats, cool as country water!). I kind of had to hide those tapes from my friends because they weren't exactly cool, but I have to say that I pretty much wore them out when no one was around.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.