View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
06/24/2020 8:50 pm
Originally Posted by: KLZ39

Hi

Im between two really good statements

"Never buy image or brand" vs "Get what makes you want to play"

I've been looking for guitars for a while and a friend point me to the Jackson JS32T and there is when my head started to spin around... because it comes in every bodyshape

Since my early guitar dreams back in the 90s i always wanted a Flying V...

-Now, should a beginner stick to the so called T-type guitars?

-How much of a bad idea is to get one of these? (im used to classic position)

-Anyone here have experience with this model or a KVT?

The main atractive of that model seems the price, but to be honest i was ready to pay around the double if the product worth it... so i wont mind to buy for a KVT instead if I stick to the V idea

Another thing to consider is that no store here have them on stock, so buy on order will be the same as ordering on Amazon or so

Any Opinion or thought?

Thanks.

[background]

My current guitar is a placeholder. I took it from the hands from my best friend who throw it away after less than a month of the purchase.[br]He did that thing where you get a "set package" just to see if you pick up the taste for playing then if not, no regrets on throwing it away

I have if for around a year and since then i had 1001 problems having to get it to the music shop 4 times for different issues and im really getting tired of it.

I was planning to replace it on december, but after getting really into it with the GT account and the extra play time on these weird times i feel like getting one as i get a Blackstar Amp that i got recomended

The primary consideration is that you'll probably always practice with a strap. For me, no big deal. I always practive with a strap and have done so for decades. Since the V share will want to slide down your leg etc, if you strap up, no worries.

After that, get a guitar that makes you want to play. Some of that is the aesthetic of the guitar. You look at it and it beckons you to pick it up and play. If you desire a cool guitar, there is a psychological reason to have it. Music is all about feeling. Guitar players have a cool. Tuba players? Well.........

The King V Pro is a mighty cool guitar and if you can swing the $800 cost, it's a solid East Asia made guitar.

Good luck!