View post (Hello there from a fellow online trainer...)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/12/2020 5:48 pm

Welcome Kevin,

Like Steve I am a fellow rider and newish to the guitar.

I will share a story both of you can relate to: last year my next door neighbour and retired police officer bought himself a motorcycle. I was excited for him and asked if was "ok" with it - I told him this was a hard question for one man to be asking another - but if he needed some pointers I would be happy to help. Well of course he didn't need any pointers, rode years ago when he was a kid. What was I thinking, he had gone soft in his retirement?!

A month later on his maiden voyage he was taken by ambulance from my yard. He left his drive way, almost directly across the street, tried to make a left, but ended up hitting my curb and landing in my drive way. The windshield caught something in his neck and he required emergency surgery. Length of trip - about 20 yards.

What happened was the bike "took" off with a handful of throttle he wasn't prepared for and he was startled. I fixed the bike up for him and still have his battery in my basement. Unfortunatley for him, I think he has gone gun shy. Which is a shame. Riding is a wonderful experience for anyone to have.

Best of luck with both.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!