View post (Major scales lesson with Christopher)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/21/2020 3:40 pm
Originally Posted by: iiiiiii-0Before you replied, I took a look at your modes course and noticed the Ionian pattern you mentioned is similar to the pattern mentioned above however only for the first octave[/quote]

Yes, but only in the first lesson. And later in that same tutorial I explain how to use an alternate pattern to play the same notes in a different configuration.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=10749&s_id=370

Originally Posted by: iiiiiii-0It seems to be using a combination of two different patterns?

Yes, that's what I was trying to explain when I mentioned how to combine the 5th & 1st pattern you posted. Look above at my my reply, post #5 in this thread.

[quote=iiiiiii-0]Argh, definitley down the rabbit hole. I'm used to the musical theory aspect of TTSTTTS however not with the guitar, so will also look at the first course you mentioned!

Please do! A lot of what seems to be giving you trouble is the fact that you can play the same note in more than one place on the guitar. The result is that there are a variety of ways to play the major scale when you apply the intervals to the guitar. I explain that in detail while using the major scale!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory