View post (What's lol?)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
12/04/2002 7:18 pm
A few years ago I had a bizarre nervous breakdown cause I'd heard so much bull****. One minor but bizarre consequence of this was when I fell for a girl I really trusted I started to value words with a psychotic quasi-religious fervour. I spent a long time programming my computers auto-text (you type say "LOL" and out comes "laughing out loud" for instance) in order to speed up my essay writting and also to allow me to standardise my vocabulary because I believed that I could improve the strength of my memory and associations through repeatedly using the same words rather than synonyms. This also forced me to prioritise my use of words and think about the range of meanings that I was likely to wish to portray. A friend of mine joked that I should add the text "Archetypal apocalypse in which no more than two extra terrestrials are hurt" which was abbreviated as aatetah or something and promptly added. Nuts huh? Gaga if you ask me, but there's nothing like a good breakdown helps you value your sanity!
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?