View post (Who do you want to see before it is too late?)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
04/07/2020 3:17 pm
Originally Posted by: DavesGuitarJourney

Man Jeff, I can tell you have got some good stories to throw out there!

Eric Gales just went on my personal watch list. Looking at his touring schedule it looks like he is big in the UK. Doesn't look like he will be in my part of the country anytime in 2020 or 2021.

Dave, what part of the country are you in? I would be really surprised if he doesn't come close to you at some point later this year or in 2021. Of course his tour schedule on his web site can't be inclusive yet.

Eric puts on a great show. I've seen him twice. We saw him on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise last year. It was our first exposure to him; I had actually not even heard of him until then. And we actually got to talk with him and his adorable wife for a little bit. And then our local blues society brough him here late last year.

Should you have the opportunity do not allow yourself to miss his show. I don't think I am overstating that he is one of the greatest living blues guitarists.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45