View post (Who do you want to see before it is too late?)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
04/06/2020 8:48 pm

The two that got away:

The first was KISS. My dad had a ticket connection. Actually, my dad drove a nitro funny car in the 70's and the car owner (though they really shared it), his wife worked for the biggest local promoter. So we got a good number of ticket hookups with great seats. KISS during the Alive II era were coming to town and she asked if I wanted to go with her kids. Front row and center. Yes. A 13 year old kid front rowand center. My mom, in a rare moment, said she didn't want me to go. I didn't go. It's the only thing I'll ever hold against my otherwise very cool mom.

The other was Led Zeppelin...until John Bonham died. The car owners wife called me to ask if I wanted to get tickets for the upcoming, soon to be booked Zeppelin tour. You know what happened here. Sigh.[br][br]Whom to see before it's too late:

I've seen a lot of great musicans in my day so I can't really complain about seeing some pretty stunning players. I'd love to Eric Johnson at some point but the stars never seem to align for that.

I do think I've lost the mojo to see a legend from years gone by. The example os Clapton. He was not disappointing by any stretch when I saw him back in the 90's. He was great. I love Clapton too like many guitar players. I just didn't walk away terribly inspired. It was too slick and clean.

Otherwise I'd like to see Eric Gales (dug him all the way back to 'Eye of the Storm'). He's still hungry and working hard to prove that the hype back in the 90's (before he deep sixed his own career) was not hype. And it isn't. He is amazing.