View post (Who do you want to see before it is too late?)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
04/04/2020 2:43 am

I think we all have a few musicians or bands that we think about and say "I wish I had seen them at least once (or one more time), but now it is too late."

[br]In the last two years I have seen Buddy Guy a couple of times, one really good show where he was feeling it and was really good; the other show was really not so good and it felt like he was playing out the string after being on the road for too long. How much longer will Buddy be playing? Glad I saw him.

I saw Peter Frampton last year, and he has already said this is his last tour because he has a degenerative muscular disease. He clearly still loves what he does and he is amazing. [br][br]

I saw Bonnie Raitt (touring with James Taylor) last year. I hope she will be around a long time, but she's not getting younger. I hope I get to see her again.

And I just thought of one I will probably have to put in the wish I had seen him category: Mr. John Prine. I saw a couple of days ago he was in bad shape with this evil virus. [br][br]

So, I hope this isn't a morbid topic. Thoughts?

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.