View post (Who out here has and uses modeling amps)

View thread

dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
06/26/2020 6:35 pm
Originally Posted by: dearan.ferris

I use a Yamaha THR10ii because I just don't have the need for a big amp and I'm solely a bedroom player and trying not to annoy the neighbours.

Only had it a few days but loving it already and especially the fact I can get good tones at low volumes.

Dearan,

Glad to hear your enjoying that THR. When I get to the point of buying am amp, it will probably be a THR or Katana. I've probably watched 1000 hours of youtube review and comparison videos. Wondering if you in-person demo'd other amps (particularly the Katana, but any really) and what made you go with the THR. I was watching an Anderton comparison the other night and they thought the Katana and THR sounded comparable but at twice the price for the THR, they seemed to prefer the Katana. I love the compact size of that THR though. Easy to carry from bedroom to living room and back, or wherever.

Edit: PS - without headphones, do you find that you can play it at a low enough volume? Like, you can talk over it for example or be in one room and not really hear it in another room? Thanks.