Ways to copyright your stuff

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/13/2004 1:31 am
Originally Posted by: The AceThe mailing yuorself thing does work. Have you ever got an unsealed envelope in the mail? Probably not, think about it. The post hast to seal it, cuz otherwise they'd be out of business, I mean what if somebody like lost their house cuz a payment thing in the envelope fell out?

Or maybe I'm just hoping it does, cuz the CD that I cut has that copyright on it. :o

The last time I checked, the "Of course it's true -- it has to be" wasn't a very compelling rebuttal.

The reason that I've never gotten an unsealed envelope in the mail has [U]nothing[/U] to do with the postal service. It's because no one ever mails unsealed envelopes!

There's only one way to test this out. I'll mail myself an unsealed envelope and see what happens to it. BTW, it doesn't have to be [U]completely[/U] unsealed, but could be sealed only in a small spot in the middle, and I could still jam stuff in there and seal the rest of the envelope off.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
06/15/2004 11:01 pm
I have received mail that was not sealed, just the flap was tucked into the envelope. This has happened more than once. I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier......
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 2
BluesMetal
BluesMetal
07/12/2004 4:28 pm
Take lyrics, tab and/or sheet music for your song have it noterised and mail it to yourself regestered mail. Regestered mail must be sealed or they won't accept it. Now the noterised sheets along with the sealed envelope will protect you in any court. Just realize pretty much everywhere stands by what the music is transcribed/written in so in theory some on can change the key and still steal your stuff. I personally don't suffer paranoia in reguards to that, only thing that I create that someone would consider are lyrics cuz my music sucks and if someone famous stold and used my lyrics I really would'nt make a stink over it simply for the fact thier money would tie it up so long I'd be dead before I got anything but to know Matchbox 20 sucked so bad they had to steal my stuff would amuse me untill death :)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.