View post (Semi Hollow Body Decision - Advice Please)

View thread

palefave
palefave
03/11/2020 2:31 am
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Thanks fuzzb0x.

I explored somewhat after I'd written that post, curiosity needing to know what it was. Concise history of ES-335 evolution here for others interested in such minutiae. Same author's SG and Les Paul short history vids equally fascinating.

5 Watt World (Keith Williams) has a lot of interesting, educational YT videos. As recently as yesterday I watched A Short History of the Tube Screamer. In addition to his "Short History" series many of his videos seem to drive a minimalist approach to gear.

---

As part of my research, I also found that great vid that Keith WIlliams has, on the history of the 335.... and watched it a few times to get a bit more detail

So, I have made a decision... and I put some money down to hold it, and will pay off the balance and will be picking up the Epi ES-335 Pro (Blue Burst) before the end of the month, which is in line with my budget.

Conversations here, really helped me tremendously to get my head in to making that decision.

I am going back in by the end of this week and getting a Fender Mustang I V2 amp so it will be ready and waiting for when "baby" comes home. (I am not married to that nickname, but I have to call "him" something, for now... lol)

Thanks to everyone for your input... I read it all.

Epi Pro-1 Ultra (Trans Blue)

Epi ES-335 Pro (Blue Burst)