View post (Semi Hollow Body Decision - Advice Please)

View thread

palefave
palefave
02/27/2020 3:57 am

Well Thank You for your acknowledgement, encouragement and motivation as I enter year two.

I played double bass and trumpet in high school but upon graduation, I fell away from playing anything.

I became quite good at air guitar and realized I wasn't fooling anyone, not even myself, particularly as I tried to pretend I could play like Pete Townsenfd or Terry Kath... I wanted to know how to make some of those notes, for real.

And Thank You for your candid and informative Reply !

Knowing that you have and like both may say it all.

I agree with something else you said, I may have been fretting (no pun intended) a bit too much over the Machine Heads but as I had stated previously, I am just geting in to "guitar gear" and trying to discern how things work and what may be best as I develop my personal preference.

I thought of the 339, and it was one of the last ones I eliminated in my search.

It may be a perfect model for my granddaughter as she grows.

But I agree with what you said and how you brought it up about how the e-acoustic Epi Pro 1 body sits on my lap and hangs on my strap. I don't foresee any problem in that vein with a 335

Sfter reading you Reply, I called my son and it looks like we will be going to our local guitar shop for he and I to take the 335 Pro out for a spin, that they have in stock.

I am budgeting this purchase for close to the end of March. (it still may be the Dot Deluxe, but we will see)

In any case, I am ready to take that leap.. or dive.. I am ready to take that next step

While at that visit, I am planning to walk out with a Fender Mustang 1 V.2 and have it ready for when baby comes home

I hope you do not mind, but I may be coming at you for more guitar wisdom as yoou are miles ahead of me and I need a whole lot of catching up to do... please teach me, Sensei

Between you and my son, I hope to learn faster, and get more confident. He has been a good teacher for me and my granddaughter.

Thanks again for your input

Best Regards

P

Epi Pro-1 Ultra (Trans Blue)

Epi ES-335 Pro (Blue Burst)