View post (Should I begin to learn songs?)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
01/22/2020 10:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Jackets

Should I start learning songs if I'm still in the 'Guitar Fundementals 1' section?

[p]

I definitely recommend to enhance learning with songs as soon as you can, if you're capable of it. But with the caveat, try to find and choose a song you like which is attainable within your current skills capability to reinforce the skills, or temperamental perseverence if above them keeping in mind that success will reinforce motivation and confidence, whilst frustration or 'failure' will result in the opposite.

I'm not easily bored. My tenacity rates 10/10. Only you know your personal 'stick-at-it-iveness' score.

Blues or Rock 1? Hmmm...Complete the competencies in F2 before moving to Rock or Blues.That's the whole point of GT having a structured syllabus. It's one thing to consolidate on what you're learning with appropriate level songs, quite another another to flit all over the place because of a possible lack of self-disiplined focus. The latter will invariably slow overall rate of progress down.

If that's not a priority objective, ultimately it's only your time, money and satisfaction that has to be appeased. Do what does that.