View post (911 Beautiful Disaster)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/24/2020 4:27 pm

Hey Keith! Yeah that's a bit of a tricky one for sure!!

I know I may have mentioned this before - but here is the key: isolate the phrases/licks you find most difficult. Slow it way down and confirm you can execute the lick at a much slower speed. Then, it's all about repetition, repetition, repetition at the slower tempo, programming the lick into your muscle memory. Once you feel like it gets a bit easier at the slower tempo, start raising the tempo and work your way up to full speed.

Try not to get frustrated, as this process can take days, maybe even weeks to get it up to full speed!! But every bit of focused, intentional practicing will make a difference.

Be sure to use the speed buttons and the looping functions on the video to help you practice each phrase with the video more efficiently!! Try to match the phrasing with what I'm playing in the video.

Keep at it, and you should see progress as you start to burn the licks into your fingers!!

Let me know how it goes!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: kloveless

Actually the solo on No Particular Place to go is probably the most difficult, I have been working on it for three weeks on and off and still dont have it very good yet, but practice practice practice is the key, right?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach