View post (total noob)

View thread

kallens27
kallens27
12/07/2019 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2

@kallens27, I started trying to learn guitar a few years ago when Santa brought me a Yamaha Pacifica starter kit. After many months of practicing I decided I would progress a lot more if I had a "good" guitar. So I bought a Gibson Les Paul and Fender Blues Jr. amp.

And I did make progress. But, of course, that was because I practiced more because of the excitement of the new guitar.

Then after a few months I decided to pick up the poor, lonely little Pacifica that had been abandoned in the corner of my music room. Guess what?! It played great! Of course I didn't tell Mrs. Santa this The Yamaha Pacific has to be one of the most underrated, underappreciated guitars out there. Not just for the money but it's a nice guitar period. Being horribly affected by GAS I have since had to buy a Strat and PRS' and other guitars. But the Pacifica plays every bit as nice. My granddaughter is starting guitar and I got her a little acoustic. If she decides to go electric at some point it will be on my Pacifica.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks,

I wanted a Pacifica, especially one that was made in Taiwan, as they are supposed to be high quailty builds. I kinda want to collect Pacificas now.

How cool that you picked the Pacifica back up and appreciated the little guy, cheers!