View post (Practice amplifier - rock songs lessons)

View thread

zeveionut
zeveionut
11/27/2019 2:09 pm

Hey.

I'm a beginner guitar player. I'm following the Guitar Fundamentals here on GuitarTricks. I'm practicing with an electric guitar. For the moment without an amplifier.

[br]I'm thinking of buying a Roland Micro Cube GX as an amp. I've read good thinks abut it. But I've looked at some rock songs lessons here on GuitarTricks. Most of the lessons give an advice about how to set up your amp to get the wanted sound for that particular lesson. They usually give settings for Bass, Middle, Trebble, Pressence... The Roland Micro Cube does not have different knobs for this. It only has a Tone knob.

[br]So, I'm thinking if I'll have problems setting the Roland Micro Cube amp to get the same sound on the guitar when doing a song lesson. If you have a Roland Micro Cube amp, did you had any problems doing rock songs lessons here on GuitarTricks? Or do you have an advice for a better practice amp?

[br]I'm also thinking about these amps:

- Fender Mustang GT 40[br]- Marshall Code 25

[br]They are a bit more expensive and I'm wandering if they are too loud for an apartment and if they actually sound better then the roland micro cube. Also, what I like about the cube is the fact that it can run on batteries and when I want to practice in another room I don't have to drag my power cord with me.

Any advice? Thanks