View post (More Blues)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
11/18/2019 6:07 pm

Joe,

With kindest regards to you, I think you are missing Steve's point. Guitar Tricks is a teaching site and does an excellent point of teaching a wide variety of playing styles. My impression of Steve's post did not suggest he was saying otherwise.

He was asking why there are hardly any new blues song lessons, especially "older stuff". If one looks at the most recent 100 songs lessons on Guitar Tricks there are only 3 of what I would consider older blues. Those are one by Freddie King on July 8, one by John Lee Hooker on April 15, and one by Otis Redding last year in June. So clearly only 3% of new song lessons are older blues. If one looks at all song lessons labelled as “blues” during this same time period there were only 7, so 7%. Those included lessons by artists such as SRV, the Stones and John Mayall.

There were, I think undeniably, very few new blues song lessons added over the roughly last year and a half when compared to other genres.

To suggest that Steve go elsewhere completely ignores the intent of his post. Of course, he can go to the site you suggested or YouTube. But he would like to see more older blues songs lessons here. I tend to agree.

When it comes to older blues song lessons GT does not have “you covered pretty well”.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45