View post (Noise from strat)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/02/2019 12:09 pm
Originally Posted by: mike.catalano776

I use a katana 50 with tone studio when channel 1 clean it’s all fine only when using gain like OD distortion comp sustain and it’s only when I’m facing a certain direction ie in front of my computer in which I just completely shielded it now I did turn off the pc and noise is still present[/quote][p]Got it! Let's consider other sources of RFI.

I took my Katana to a gig & set my cell phone down on top of it near the controls. When I turned on the gain I got some weird RF interference!

I've also read about some people experiencing RFI when their computer cable modem and/or internet router was placed close to their computer or on the same electrical circuit.

[quote=mike.catalano776]

But what is Odd is that the farday cage made No differnce at all ??? it is supposed to shield your Guitar yet it made No differnce whatsoever??

[p]I think that is just supposed to solve problems originating in the guitar cavity. That still leaves your guitar pickups & strings & even yourself as potential RF antennas connected to amps in the vacinity of external RF sources. Like your computer, monitor, router, etc.

Does the amp do this in another room? Another house or location? Just trying to rule out the amp itself!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory