View post (Noise from strat)

View thread

The Stonetone
The Stonetone
11/02/2019 12:16 am

hello I wonder if anyone here can help with this noise issue I have let me explain

I confirmed it’s not 60hz cycle hum since I recently installed fender gen 4 noiseless so no hum but still have a lot of noise when I’m using moderate gain or distortion or compressor sustainer so I installed a separate outlet with a new 14.2wire it’s an isolated circuit only guitar amp and my computer in which I need when I play or practice , now I troubleshot cables not the cables, tried another guitar with humbuckers. Noise is still present so I had my guitar shielded faraday cage style, although the tech used aluminum foil as opposed to copper but he assured me there was complete continuity and was properly grounded, yet noise is still there I was really frustrated to say the least, next step I shielded my whole computer including vga card no difference noise is still present i do use the boss ns but noise is still present when playing, it’s only quiet if I stop playing so this is not a solution, neither is ebtech hum x there are no dimmers on or present when I play practice and my monitor is lcd not crt, now the only time it gets quiet is if I move the guitar and myself in another position now I know know that would be the answer but it’s not really feasible so I’m at my wits and knowledge end and I cant figure out where this noise be it RF or EM is coming from and why the noise goes away when I position myself in what I calll the noiseless position this I can’t figure out and was wondering if someone may have some insight

thanks all for listening

Stone