View post (Guitar sounds like crap doing DI to computer)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
10/13/2019 6:47 pm
Originally Posted by: scottrpileggi

Hi there!

I need some gear advice.... I recently picked up a variety of instruments, amps, processors, etc.

Lately, I've been getting really frustrated with trying to play DI into my computer, which is perfect for playing along with lessons on this site. It seems like whenever I try to do so, the sound is very muffled, messy, and just downright bad; borderline broken. Especially on the neck pickup. This is my current chain for processing:

Guitar (Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/EMG active pickups) >>> Amp modeller/processor (Line 6 Pod XT) >>> Audio interface (Behringer UMC404 HD)

-Scott

Why are you going from the POD into an interface? Doesn't the POD have a USB output? I used to use a Scarlett Guitar interface (and a Behringer before that) to plug my guitar into my computer and DAW. But when I got my POD HD500X I just went directly into the USB port. My Scarlett has been sitting very lonely in the corner of my music room for months now.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45