View post (Cords and finger sliding noise.)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
08/15/2020 7:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Dave-H
Originally Posted by: SteveHey

Going through fundamentals 1 and the five cord power pack on my electric guitar, with the smaller spacing on frets finding I am having to slide fingers on strings to fit others in on cord changes, is this ok?

Just tried changing cords on my acustic and the sliding of finger makes a right racket and not a clean change...

What's the right way, remove and then replace or slide about to get more space etc.... Only started to learn guitar two months ago, just want to make sure I am doing things right and not setting bad habits in memory etc....

As you listen to recorded music, you will often hear the "pros" sliding between chords. Sometimes those chords slides become a signature of the piece. I have been watching a lot of Rob Chapman videos. He is the CEO of Chapman Guitars and a professional musician, and you would be very suprised at how often you hear him slide chords.

A good example of that is, Watching the River Run by Loggins and Massina. A great acoustic recording and you can hear the squeaks a number of times during the instrumental portions of the song. A tune that I`m enjoying learning on the acoustic. It`s just a part of the record; and if it`s good enough for them, it`s certainly good enough for me.

Cheers,

Jeff